Sunday, October 21, 2012

Alison's email Oct. 17, 2012

Hey Mom and Dad and family, 

We live on the top floor so we get the exercise each time we go up. I actually have no idea what me address is I know how bad that might sound but I really have no idea. I literally am just going places and hoping I remember them. It is a gorgeous city. I think I am just going to send you the photos in the mail because I have no idea how to do it here. I do have a gorgeous view. Downtown Verona is like a dream!! I go there at least three times a week for teaching or more times and it just gets bigger and bigger. The buildings are old but so pretty. I could walk them often. Well the thing is we also get a few surrounding cities as well and we have not had time to go to them yet, but when I have seen the entire city then I will tell you. Because you would love to see it. 

Bikes, I think I might be alright with the bikes, but holding down your skirt as you ride is never fun, but I think I am just beginning to laugh at myself because I look pathetic. And no one follows the rules when it is a red light people still cross the streets, bikers always ride where ever ther want. But oh well. 

We are teaching a few people, we set another baptism date yesterday and her name is Tina she always says she wants to be more holy, and be pure again and to come unto christ. We have a woman named Mary like I said last time but she sayd she has not had time to read the Book of Mormon yet which I am feeling sad over. We are teaching this woman named Lorenza Bee who told us she is so grateful to have found the right church but when we went to see her yesterday her caretaker said she was sick and could not see us so I hope she feels better. We are teaching this woman named Rosa, hahah this story is a kicker, so we went to do finding work and were riding around the streets when we found her. We asked her a few questions and then went into her house. We were bold, we told her we know that the is a true prophet today, this book is true, this is the only true church and more. And she kept saying amen to it all and then she said I know that there is a true prophet to and she pointed to her wall and said this is him. We looked over at the wall and sorella Oakes just busts up laughing it is a man in a hippy outfit and has huge goofy glasses and is doing the peace sign. I had to keep myself under control which was hard. Anyway we told her he is not a true prophet and she was like I was not even 100 percent convinced he was I guess I might need to change my believes and I do not even like him. HAHa I busted up laughin after. We are going to teach a woman named abigal we met on the bus the other day. We sat down with her for 20 minutes yesterday gave her a book of mormon and she said that she thinks this could be the true church. Then we are teaching a girl named praise, her family is less active but they really want her to be baptized and are coming back to church, we are going to give her a date for baptism friday. The work I think is going well!!

I am so glad that I can see your photos and hear about your life! I love you all so much and I do hope that is will get easier being away. If I think of anything else it will be in the letter I will send. I love you all dearly and please keep telling me about home I love it!!

Love 

Allie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment