Saturday, October 13, 2012

Alison's first email from Verona, Italy Oct. 10, 2012

GEEZ so many questions, I am joking. Well I am in Verona and I am white washing. So it is a little scary that my companion and I both do not know the city but I know that it will all work out. Not let me tell you something that I thought was strange, we are not alot to have dinner, I mean not missionary in the italian milan misson can have dinner. We just take snacks with us. Next I have not had real italian food, so I guess I just hope that one day I learn how to cook. From the moment I got of the plane that zanzare have been my best friend. They seem to think biting my legs is a part of there culture and I would send you a picture but I have no idea how to so I might get my film developed and send pictures that way. My first day we got stuck on the elevator  in our apartment. We were trying to get all our stuff up to the fifth floor and it was a funny day. You take buses everywhere, it is different. And I do not think I can get used to everyone smoking omg, mom and dad I just want to walk up to people and be like you are going to kill yourself anf others by this. But I contain myself. I love teaching lessons, though I do not much I still can help. We taught a wonderful lessons today on the plan of salvation and let me tell you I felt the spirit so strange. Oh when we got to the city there were no investigators. Since my companion and I are both new to the area, we are always getting lost, I mean lost!! We have to always pull out the map and try to find our way, it i crazy! The first day we got here we went to the duomo in milano and I loved it. I tried to speak with everyone but let me tell you the people they are nice but when they do not want the infomation it is funny. They do this little hand signal anyway yeah. I need the names mom of our ancestors. You keep forgeting to send them to me. Oh my mission is a bike mission so that is why I needed the money. And yeah it worked out fine, it converts and the bank we have does not charge. We finally got our shower fixed, it was having problems. Well I love you all so much and it is kind of late and I love you all!! Yeah mom I do not know how I feel about riding a bike with a skirt. And yes at times I do feel inadequete but I know it will go away, when I eventually learn this language!!

Love 

Sorella Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment