Wednesday, September 11, 2013

E-mail from September 11, 2013



Hey family,

I accidentally spelled it wrong it is Navigli without the a at the end. I am doing alright.  It has been a little different. Since this is my third white wash I thought that I would have gotten used to this by now, but nope. I am terrible with peoples names and so each and every time it is a little difficult. 

If there are a few typing errors, my key board is not working very well. I was thinking just send it (the package) to the office because I do not know what is are zip code.

I will tell you about our first day. I woke up at 5 am to catch the train. Went to Milan and we got there at 9:28, then we went with all our luggage (3 bags each and extremely heavy) and went on the metro. Once we got off the metro walking home it took 45 minutes. It was almost impossible. I cannot even describe. We had so many people helping us. My companion's bags broke and it became difficult to drag the suitcase. There was this man who offered to help and every time one of our bags became impossible to take anymore, he would take that bag and give us the lighter bag. (at the end my companion offered him money because there was no way we would have made it with out him. He would not accept it, he said I just felt good helping you guys.
I love you all, 
Ali 



Email to her brother Parker

Hey Parker,

How are you? I know that is how it always starts off. I want to tell you that I love you. I miss you and I hope you are okay. I want you to read a chapter in the book of Mormon that I have really come to love: Mosiah 24 all of it. I want you to know that I truly love my mission. Yes I might get stressed out like all normal human beings this is where I need to be. Parker, I know with all might heart that God can do miracles that I cannot even understand. This is the true church upon all the face of the planet. I know it and I do not care if people yell at me or call me names for it. This is the truth and I am grateful for every moment that it is in my life.
Love, 
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment