Thursday, February 14, 2013

E-mail from February 13, 2013

Hello Family, 

Haha do not worry about it, I kind of figured since we had to do p-day in a different day that would happen. Mom I am taking pictures, I just have not had time to get them developed. Do not worry, I am taking pictures with my companion. And you will get them. 
  Sorella Eaton is my new companion. One thing that I have thought about it my companions just keep becoming smaller and smaller. I do not think there is any one smaller in the mission yet, but we will see. Our ward is in Italian, but sometimes it is hard for some of them, but they are learning just like all the others. 
  This transfer we only got 2 new sisters but I think the next we will be getting 15 or more I am not sure. They said the next transfer there will be a lot. We received a lot of elders. And I mean a lot. 
  I want to tell you of one of the coolest things that happened this week. So this sunday we had a inactive member come to church and we had been working with her for a long time. The missionaries I think have been working with her for over a year. And she came on sunday for the first time in 14 years!! I was so happy. I mean I was not even sure she was going to come, but she did. 
  This transfer started out interesting. My companion on Saturday and sunday was very sick. She had a bit of a fever and had threw up, so she needed to stay inside. The thing was we had lessons planned for that day and I had the chance to organize a split with a member. And the most amazing part was the first to people I called were able to do it. I had the split organized in 15 minutes, we made it to the appointment and everything. But our ward is just amazing. Because it was easy to find people who were willing to help us. Then the next day our phone broke. So after the two days of my companion being sick our phone broke. And we had to organize how we were going to get a new one. We went to a members house and she allowed us to use hers and we got it all taken care of. But we were a little late to our appointment that night and we could not call them to tell them we were going to be late. I forgot the address, but I knew the street they lived on and some how we made it to their house in 17 minutes when it normally takes 30. It was a crazy day.   
 But so yea, we have had a interesting start, but I know there will be amazing things happening. Well I love you all and please mom be safe! And hope you all have a amazing week. 

Love, 

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment