Thursday, February 14, 2013

E-mail from February 5, 2013


Hey Family,
This week we had p-day on tuesday instead of wednesday. We are doing this because the new missionaries are coming this week and we have the change to help them with their first missionary experience at the duomo tomorrow. And we are going to have one of the Italian new missionaries stay at our house. Oh and we cannot have P-day thursday because my companion Sorella Gomez is being transferred to Genova and so I am going to be with Sorella Eaton. All I know is that she is from Utah and that she trained Sorella Willis. So on Thursday I will meet her at the transtation and so this week is a little different.
   Well one thing I know I can say from this transfer with Sorella Gomez and that I sure worked hard. I know that sometimes your results do not show your efforts, but one thing I have no regrets about this transfer. I learned alot and I am grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with her.
  I will tell you a little about our week. Something that has been a great blessing from the Lord is that we have been finding people to teach. And you are always grateful when the second appointment goes through and lately they have. One thing that I am grateful for in Milan is that if a appointment is cancelled there is still a billion people to talk to (okay that is a bit dramatic, but there are so many). We hard a first time investigator in church on sunday (trust me we were happy) and the ward was so amazing, everyone was talking to him. It does make it easier because he speaks spanish and so does the rest of the ward so they just were pros. Two eight year old children were baptized by their fathers on Saturday, but it was a perfect time to bring our investigators. Vivian came and she had loved it. And then she came on Sunday again. She is just a gem. Even with our lessons we still found time to do some parco and one thing I love to do is sit and talk about the gospel in the park. We are working with this less active member and his girlfriend. And my favorite part of our lesson that we had last sunday is when he said I feel like I am repenting. I can definitely see the how it is effective me life. I think when ever I hear someone truly saying that they feel they are changing it is just amazing. I know I use that word all the time but it is true. One thing I know is that I love this City. Well I hope all is well and I know that you guys are doing well. I love you and I will hear from you next week. Well I cannot think of anything else. So I Enjoy your week.
Love
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment