Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Email from June 19, 2013

Hello Family, 

Savona is full of tourists. The majority that come here are from different parts of Italy.  We live a walking distance from the beach, takes like 10 minutes or less walking. These past couple of days have been so hot. I mean I have been sweating. It has been quite funny. We were supposed to have bikes, but the bike key we do not have. So we are trying to call people and figure out where our bike key went. I sure want the bike. We have been walking around Savona on foot. We went up a hill that was like a mountain. We were like so tired when we got to the top. Our area is the hilly, beach area. Quite nice! Here we have a branch and the members are wonderful.  My companion sorella Pace is from Idaho. We actually met a man yesterday and taught him a lesson and set a baptism date with him. It was such an amazing lesson! We have a few people that we are teaching.

I heard that story. He called after he found out and thought what a small world. 

Our branch is lucky to have even 30 people come to church. We have so many in-actives and less actives. We have been feeling that we need to work on reactivating people. Of course we are going to try and find new investigators. I have never worked in a small branch before so this past Sunday was a bit of a shock. Also these past couple days the people that we have been talking to have been mocking us and just being rude. We have  like 3 people we are teaching and trying to find more, but the people here are really closed. Even the members say that. But just so you know I am okay. 

I am glad that you guys are having so much fun in your activities. I miss you all and love you. 

Love , 

Ali

Alison with her companion Sorella Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment