Thursday, August 22, 2013

Email from August 21, 2013



Hello,
Parker got into an accident. Was it his fault? 

Last Wednesday after we exited the internet point it was pouring. We had no umbrellas because it had been sunny an hour ago. We needed to go shopping still so we decided to go to the grocery store and hopefully after it would be sunny. We started our 15 minute run or so in the rain to the store. There were flash waves and everywhere was covered in water. The puddles went up to our ankles. While we were running this car passed and a wave of water from the street drenches me. It was pretty funny. We had to wring out our clothes in the bathroom at IPERCOOP with our hands. The beginning part of the store there was so much water inside. The water was so high it had gone inside the building. After we finished shopping the rain was gone and we were still soaked. 

I will try that remedy for sleeping. Last week I finally found oatmeal in one of the store. I had not seen it. It probably was there, but I was a little blind. I have been kind of lazy lately and have been wearing my glasses for the past two months. I will blame it on that. :) 

Random side note: Did I tell you how much I miss carpet? Because everywhere is tile or wood. I do not know if anyone in Italy has carpet. Lately here in Savona there seems to be a lot of power outages. We had one the other night right as we were going to bed. I hope we do not have them in the night, the fan is my life at night. We have two fans that we use as air conditioning in our apartment and they save us from the heat at night. 

We taught one of our investigators about the temple the other day and that investigator loved it. The investigator said that it makes sense. It was actually really cool (i forgot what letter this investigator was, I will have list the next time and I will remember).  I do not know if there is a letter g but so we are teaching someone new. And G came to church. G loved church and said that G is looking to be closer to God. And I would like to tell you about how we met G. Sorella Pace and I were doing a pass by and we saw G waiting for the bus; so we gave G a pass along card, bore testimony and headed off. We felt we should turn around and we started talking and got G info and set up a time to pass by. We had the first appointment and then we could not see G for about a month. We saw G and then G came to church. G told a member that when we turned back to see G it was like we were two angels sent from God to G. G said that G was in need at that point for help. 

Well that was what I could think about. I love you all, yes I received the slip and the shirt. And I hope that you all have a wonderful week. I loved the photos. Sorry I have not taken any new photos. I need too. 

Love, 

Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment