Saturday, August 31, 2013

Email from August 28, 2013

Hey family, 

If you send a package to where I live, I still have to pay the fee. But then I could pay it and that might be better. I am not sure. I am pretty much the same size as I was when I left the house. Maybe a medium or maybe a small, I do not know (But I want to wait to give you my address, until we know what is happening the next week). 

Today we went to a funeral in the morning. A less active of the church Died. The ceremony was held in a catholic church. I am so glad to be a Mormon. It was so completely strange. The memorized prayers, the wailing of the people. I did not know that they believed that their loved ones remain sleeping until the resurrection. I just felt really bad for his daughter. She was baptized a year ago and she is 11 years old. I just hope this does not bring them even further away from the church. 

For you: D was having a hard time living the word of wisdom. We taught D the other day about fasting and D said that D will fasting for help with the word of wisdom. So this Saturday with one of our members we are doing a fast together. We said we might have to change D's baptism date and D became really said. The member called us after the lesson and said that D did not want to change his date, he really wants to make it. We told him that he had two weeks up until his baptism and that he needs to come to church and he needs to stop smoking and he is trying everything. We are working with a lot of potentials that could have the priesthood someday and we are so excited!! We started teaching these two 16 year old boys. I did a split with a member and my companions went to teach G.  It was weird not being with my companions. Lately we have been in contact with people that we taught at least a month ago and they are showing interest again. 

The work in Savona is going well! 
Sorella Bringas Speaks Spanish, Italian, french and a little bit of English. She is trying to help me with my Spanish, but we have not had a lot of time to practice. 


I love you all and I hope that your week will go well. 



Love, 

Ali 



Sorella Pace, Sorella Hanson, Sorella Bringas


No comments:

Post a Comment