Thursday, December 12, 2013

Email from December 11, 2013

Hello family, 

This week has been so amazing. I want to tell you this amazing story that we had the other day. It was on Sunday. So we went to the train station to check train times. After we had checked our train times we went to take the bus back to do some finding work. As we were waiting for the bus there was a woman who came with her daughter. She (meaning the little girl) had a balloon that said happy birthday in English, so I said happy birthday to her, the little girl, and asked for her name and how old she was. Then I started talking to the mom. We talked about the importance of family and then she asked us if we were mormons and I said yes. Then she told us that she is a mormon. I think I just put on the biggest smile. Then she told us how she had come over to Italy many years ago and has not gone to church since. We all got on the bus and continued to talk and we set up an appointment to go see her the very next day. And we did see her and we are going to help her come back. Because she is awesome. 

You asked me the last time how does Milan look like and I guess I just did not know how to describe it. You see it just depends on what part of Milan. Some of it looks very modern and others parts very old. Because there are churches around every corner and I mean every corner. You can hear the church bells every morning. And so the buildings are a bit tall.

Giulia does not know where she is going yet. She hopes to receive it this week or the next. 

All I have to say now is I love the people we are working with and I am just really lucky to be where I am. 

Love, 

Ali 






No comments:

Post a Comment