Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Email from December 18, 2013

Hello family,

I want to begin by telling you a miracle that happened this morning. Two weeks ago we were doing finding work (well we do at least a couple hours of finding work everyday, but this day was all day) and ran into a Filipino woman and who we thought was her daughter (turns out it was her cousin). The lady who we thought was the mom said that she is married to a mormon and he is in the Philippines. I think my companion and I just about died to hear those words. She kept on calling us sisters. Like okay sisters, see you later sisters. It was really cute. Well we had the privilege to see her this morning for the first time. She told us that 3 years ago she married this mormon and that her kids recently were baptized mormon, that her sister in law is the relief society president in the Philippines and her brother in law is the bishop. And she told us that everyone had been telling her to go to the church to find peace, etc. And then we randomly meet her on the street. Her cousin was like it was so sudden. We laughed and she told us that now she was ready to know about the church. We talked about the restoration and invited her to be baptized and she accepted and said she knew it was true already and she could feel the spirit with us today. So in about a month she will be baptized!! My companion and I have been having a hard time finding people and at least I was starting to be really discouraged and then at my point of weakness God brought us a miracle. A miracle that I cannot express how excited I am for her. You should have seen how happy she was. 

By the way I got your package last week I forgot to tell you. Do not worry. I am excited to see how the ward has grown (our ward here in Florida has grown a lot). That is so funny how much things have changed. Yes I remember her, that is crazy she is in the ward. 

OH BY THE WAY THIS IS IMPORTANT. I WILL BE SKYPING YOU AT 4 O'CLOCK MY TIME WHICH WOULD BE  10 O'CLOCK YOUR TIME. ALRIGHTY DO NOT FORGET, I AM EXCITED TO SKYPE YOU ALL AND SEE YOU. I LOVE YOU!!! 

So today we were walking around Duomo. Duomo is always packed, especially around Christmas time it just looks like a mob of people and you can never get anywhere. But the point is more people think I am Italian. Man talking about the gospel in english is hard. I say the weirdest things. Sounds like I am not american and cannot speak english. We have been finding a lot of people who speak english and I have been apologizing for my english. 


Anyways I will talk to you next week I love you all. Buon Natale. 

Vi voglio bene,

Ali 

Alrighty I thought that this would be funny. Here in Italy these are our water fountains. So this is my attempt at drinking water out of them. As you can tell I still have not mastered it and my companion loves making fun of it. Heeeehehe




The Navigli

At the Park

This was inside the stairs at the duomo. Those stairs took five years to get down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment