Thursday, December 5, 2013

Email from December 4, 2013

Hey Family,

Alrighty I am ready to tell you about our week. My companion and I were working on Faith and Hope last week. I think that it was an appropriate week. We had three baptism dates and we lost them all. 

That less active we reactivated and his girlfriend, they decided that after they get married she will get baptized, but she is still going to Ecuador in January to get a divorce. Even if I am not here for the baptism I know without a doubt that she will get baptized. She wants it with all her heart. I will be happy whenever that day arrives. I messed up the other time when I said that man who stopped us was from Ecuador he is from El Salvador and yes we are teaching him, but we are going to pass him to the elders because we are not allowed to teach single men. But I know he will get baptized and he is coming to church this Sunday. We have been having the lessons with Bishop with him. And Bishop has helped him a lot. All the hard work that we have been doing to finally get our ward missionary leader to do work has pulled off. This past Sunday he held a meeting with the ward missionaries to tell them that they have to start teaching the new converts and following less actives (I was the one that told him he needed to do that and the role of ward missionaries, so I was happy). We have now officially ward missionaries and we have taken at least four of them out with us. Our activity that Sorella Heupel and I am in charge of is happening this weekend and we are so excited. We have been working so hard to get everything going so I will tell you how it goes. 

I remember N, mom you would talk about her all the time. How you wanted her to come to church or at least an activity. I am so excited. Look you guys are being awesome missionaries. The missionaries asked me what you guys (as in mom and dad) could do to be more effective missionaries? Well let me think, you guys said that you are going out with the missionaries. Continue inviting your friends who are not members to church. Oh the first thing is not to be afraid. I know a lot of members are just scared to ask because they might lose their friendship, but do not be afraid. Fear comes from Satan and not from God. So do not be afraid.
I might not be having the same kind of success on my mission but the thing that keeps me going even when it seems like no one else is listening, is when we are knocking down doors, talking to people on the street, it is the knowledge that truly each and everyone of the people I have talked to is a child of God and I just keep talking to each and everyone even if they do not care. My companion likes to say she was paired up with me because she does not like to talk to people and I thrive at it. I would just tell each and everyone of you to not give up. Not everyone will listen but they can feel. Try to bear testimony to your friends. Christmas is the perfect time. You guys were always my example and what you guys could do to that will help you become more effective missionaries is to become a disciple of  Christ. Not that it is easy. That is what our mission is trying to do. A theme we have is the scripture 3 Nefi 5:13 each and every missionary knows it by heart here, but it means just so much more. 

I love you all. Each and everyone of you are amazing. 

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment