Friday, November 29, 2013

Email from November 27, 2013

Hey Family, 

So this transfer, I am staying in Milano Navigli again and with Sorella Heupel. She only has this next transfer and then she will head home. So she will go home in January. But we are excited to have another wonderful packed transfer together. My companion and I know that the other four sisters that came in with her are going home on the 21 of dicembre and there are a few elders that are doing the same. But  my companion is staying the whole way. 

I have a funny story to tell you guys. So we have this amazing investigator who will be getting baptized in a little over a month and this newly reactivated member (meaning was less active). But the thing is the other day we were over for dinner with them ( and just between you and me I have never eaten so much rice in my life until I met them). But so I had finished my plate of rice but I still had the food that goes on top left over. So they asked me if I would like more, just a little bit, so I said un po and they put triple than what I wanted. And then they asked my companion if she wanted more and they put a little bit because her plate was still quite full. Okay please do not laugh too hard or think too bad about me. But while I could not eat that much rice it was too much. So while they were turned, there was another plate of rice of one of them and so I put about half the rice that was on my plate onto his plate. I would have got away with it too, but my companion just could not stop laughing which made me start laughing and then the member saw the plate of rice and the other plate and said "ho capito, ho capito." meaning that the member understood. And we all just started laughing. And now when ever we go over there is a little joke about that.

The people that I just wrote about, when we told them that there would be a possibility that one of us might get transferred, the investigator said "why did you not plan my baptism before one of you leave?". Haha they are planning on getting married in the beginning of next year. They made us promise that we would be there for their wedding. So I hope it is in February. This investigator we helped her plan the other day an FHE. Because she has to teach the FHE for her family (all her inlaws are members). 

The cultural activity went so well. My companion and I made pumpkin cookies, brownies and truffles. We taught these two young women how to line dance. And so america did a line dance. Everyone loved it. There were so many people, the people were standing up and sitting on the floor because there was not enough space. But because it started very late we did not have a chance to talk with people. We heard that it ended at like 11 at night or later. 

 - The mold has not grown back yet, so we are good. 

Cool story last night this ecuadorian thought I was Italian because of how I look and started talking to me about the church. He told me that he saw our tags and that I looked italian and how normally everyone that he has talked to does not speak Italian that well, he thought he could learn more about the church. So I just want to thank you mom for the fact that people think I am italian, until I speak. But so yeah. 

Well that has been our full week. I love you and hope all is well. 

Love, 

Ali 

P.S.

The less active Giulia that I helped reactivate official put in her papers!!! So we will hear from that in a little bit!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment