Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Email from November 13, 2013

Hello,
Well I forgot to tell you about that. So last week yes we stood in line. We had an exchange with the sisters from Piacenza, Sorella Carter and Sorella Bucco that day. So they went with us as well. We woke up around 5 in the morning that day. I think we were a little bit like Zombies. Took the metro to the Duomo where we waited in line. The line was quite long and in the end after 3 hours none of us got tickets for the play. But it was an entertaining morning. 

The weather has been absolutely bipolar. But it is starting to warm up a bit. But I am good. My companion was here in the winter last time and she said it started snowing the 7th of December; so we will see if it starts again. I am extremely excited to see the snow. 

Okay I do not think that you guys are stalkers. I just think it is absolutely funny. That you guys have the craziest connections. And I have never even met her. I think that she did leave right before me. 

The meeting with Anziano Teixeira was really good. He really focused on getting 21 lessons. And he challenged each companionship in the next week to get 21 lessons. So my companion and I are working our tails off to get it. We also had a consiglio for the mission the day with Anziano Teixeira. There are about 10 companionships of Zone leaders and eight sister training leader companionships who were present. The Assistants chose four Companionships to do a stewardship report. And My companion and I happened to be the only sister training leaders chosen to give the report. They called out our names in the beginning of the meeting to say who would give the steward reports. It was about the most nerve wracking thing I have ever done in my life. I think my heart was pounding out of my chest. They told us to talk about our goals for the sisters, how the work in our area was going. At the time we had 8 progressing investigators and right now 7 but it still is something. After Anziano Teixeira and Sorella Teixeira came up to me and told me that they really enjoyed our stewardship report. I think that eased me a little bit. 
But you asked about the work and the work is going great. We are talking and trying to find new people to work with through our own efforts and also the efforts of our members. I think I spoke about how we have a baptism in January and she told us today that right after her baptism she is going to Ecuador so she can get a divorce and come back and marry the man that we helped reactivate. And her family can be sealed (after a year). I am so excited!!!!! 

Well on Saturday we cleaned off the mold from our ceiling. It was absolutely covered. We had gloves, face masks and we went to a ferrementa (hardware store) to buy bleach. But here in Italy it is hard to find bleach we went to three different store and we only found the watered down stuff. But it worked and we hope the mold stays away. (funny story my companion and I had to look up the words like crazy to explain what we wanted. I now know how to say mold, skylight, and bleach in italian). 

Well our week has been absolutely amazing. And I love you. 

ALi



Alison is sitting right next to Sister Teixeira, she is the fourth from left to right

No comments:

Post a Comment