Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Email from November 6, 2013

Buon Giorno! 

This week has been an amazing week. I probably told you that my companion and I have been working on Christ-like attributes together and this week we have been working on Charity. We have had awesome experiences that have been helping us grow. It is so funny because your capacity to love people in the mission is insane. The people you serve, your companion, the members, investigators, the Italian people and the list can just go on. Sometimes you think your heart will just stop growing and then it just continues. My companion and I have just been meeting the most amazing people. 

Mom and dad: What happened to the lady you met on your way to the town outside of Milan?  Is she interested in the church? Did you see her again and were you able to teach her?

Alison: We have not had the chance to meet with that lady yet (she cancelled the appointment), but we will. 
   
One thing I love is watching the change that the gospel makes in everyone.  I love watching and seeing as people come to know the truth. It is absolutely amazing. And cannot wait to see what it is going to do in the people that we meet in the next couple months. 

Mom and dad: Do they celebrate Halloween in Italy?

Alison: Italians do not really celebrate Halloween. Maybe we will see a couple of Italians out on the streets in costumes, but there are no decorations. Actually a pumpkin is very rare to find.  But we decorated a small pumpkin. 

Mom and dad: We think it is awesome that you are teaching English! How is that going?

Alison: Well it is pretty much the same thing that we do in each city. We teach English class to the people that are trying to learn english. 

I thought it was quite cool that you guys got to see Sorella Forbes. Sorry that I did not tell you guys before.

Well I love you all and I am proud of all the work that you are doing. I hope that you have a wonderful week. 

Love,

Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment