Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Email from October 30, 2013

I was trying to send you more pictures, but they were not working to send. I am sorry. I am trying, but the connection from the cord and the device just did not work, but here are these. My companion and I bought a pumpkin and we will be carving it and will take pictures of it. And I will send you those. This week has been very interesting. Remember our baptism dates, they came to church! It was awesome. I think I could not stop smiling (it took about eight weeks to get them to come to church, but they came). We are working with a lot of part member families (One that we will be committing to a baptism date soon :) ). We had a lesson with them the other day and it was so awesome; the investigator prayed to bless the profeta. 

The other day we were going to a town outside of Milan. So we took the Metro and while we were waiting for the metro we met a pregnant lady. I started talking to her about the English class that we were holding and she just got so excited. She told us that she always wanted to learn English. So we got on the metro, took the one stop and got off. We told her that we are going to this town and she said she was too. Then we told her what street and she said she lived on that street. I think my companion and I were thinking perfect. You see, we actually had no idea where the street was or where in this town. So God sent us a messenger to guide us. We explain to her why we are here and we asked her if we could see her and she said yes. She has 9 siblings and there would have 14 but 5 died and only her parents and one of her brothers are not here; big family.  But I will tell you how that goes. 

I am in the Ovest stake. There are two stakes in Milan. It is not freezing cold yet, but it has started and yes it snows here in Milano, a lot. Normally during Autunno it just rains. 

Probably you have heard this a lot from the other missionaries, but I would like to tell you. In consiglio the last time we heard a lot about making a family mission plan. I would like to ask you guys if you have one? If not make one!! We had a Seventy here at our stake conference and he talked about his. In his he said, he wanted his family to give out one book of Mormon every month. Have the missionaries over for Family home evening with his a investigator or a friend. They wanted to go out with the missionaries each week. They wanted to talk to a certain number of people about the gospel. But If you have one already perfect. If not would you be so kind as to make one. It would be very useful for the missionaries. If you have not made one you can even ask the missionaries to help you guys. I know you are busy, but it would be awesome. I love you all and we have been helping members here make them and they have been giving us so many referrals. Last Sunday we had a member come with a list of names written for us to contact. 

I love this work. The last week I have just been seeing it so much more. My companion and I have been working on the different attributes of Christ. Last week was patience and this week is Knowledge and Virtue and each week we will change it. It has been very interesting to watch as the week progresses the different challenges and miracles. I love the mission. And I love you all. I hope your week has started out well and I hope that it will end well. 

Happy Halloween. 

Love, 

Ali 



Eating Gelato




With Sorella Heupel

Pavia

Genova

No comments:

Post a Comment