Thursday, October 10, 2013

Email from October 9, 2013

Hey Family, 

First, Conner I am so proud of you. You are awesome and one day you will win so much more! So you have to keep going! Do not get discouraged buddy. (Alison's little brother played in a tennis tournament for the first time on Saturday)

Quick question, does anyone in the family speak Italian? (there is a family in our ward that the father's family come from Italy)  Because I need to keep practicing after. 

(Alison is giving her brother advise on how to prepare for his mission next year)
Parker, my advice to you would be to study preach my gospel. That is your life, so study it. Also study the scriptures and pay attention to what you are reading, because if you already have that understanding of the scriptures before, it will help you so much. Pray for missionary opportunities. In Conference it said that and it works miracles! 

Last Friday there was a funeral for a member in the church. The missionaries were asked to sing a musical number. I was thinking of the last funeral I was at and the difference between this one and that one. There was the hope that after this world they would see him. And this one, yes it was sad and there were a lot of people crying, but the family knew they would see him again.

Mom and Dad: Where do you go to watch conference?
Alison:  In Italy we are only able to watch the first three sessions because the Sunday afternoon is broadcast at midnight. So we watched the Saturday afternoon and the Sunday morning in Italian. We went to the church at Lampugnano which is Milano 1. 

Did I tell you guys about M? I am not completely sure if I did. But it is this  woman who is depressed and angry with the life God has given her. But we feel this need that we need to help her. We thought about letting her go and not working with her and then during conference that talk that Elder Holland gave was perfect for us. We both felt that we needed to keep helping her, but it is hard. I will tell you guys how it goes with her. 

I love you guys, I hope all is well. 

Love, 

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment