Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Email from October 2, 2013

Hey Family, 

Alrighty this week has been quite good. We had an amazing miracle last Saturday. My companion about a year ago served in Milano as well. This Saturday we had set up an appointment to teach a family (found in the area book). My companion after the lesson said that when we got to the apartment she said recognized their house. She told me that she recognized the people and as we were walking she said I taught these people exactly one year ago. We had passed them to the other sisters. So it was quite exciting.

Mom and Dad: Were you able to see the General Relief Society Broadcast?

Alison: No we do not watch general RS conference until Saturday at 2 our time, right before conference.

Mom and Dad: Were you able to find the member that knows the Velardis (a family in our Stake)?

Alison: I told them that you guys know the Velardis and now they want all the information on them. How they are doing etc, because it has been a little while since they have heard from them.

Mom and Dad: What is Reggio Emilia like and other places too, Lodi, Pavia? Are they big cities, rural?

Alison: I was with Sorella Russel and we were on bikes. I seem to be having a lot of bike rides. Reggio Emilia  is nice. With the bikes we went out to this country part where we got a little lost, but palazzi (buildings) everywhere. Churches on every corner, but that is everywhere in Italy. There are small alley ways. kind of cool.  We will be in Lodi this next Tuesday, so I will tell you then. But Pavia is a small town, and is very quiet. This week we did another scambio with the other sisters in Cimiano and I was with Sorella Palumba (she is an Italian missionary).

Cool side note is I got to see Giulia the less active who sorella Eaton and I helped reactivate who is putting together her mission papers! She translated them all to English two days ago and is almost ready to put them in. I am just so excited. I literally am going to be jumping up and down when she tells me where she is going.

Mom and Dad: Did you get the padded envelopes we sent?

Alison: So I think I probably will get the package at interviews or when we have a zone meeting.

Sad news, the Ecuadorian is not responding any more to our phones. We had a no show the last week and we cannot get a hold of her. So we are giving her a break, but we will keep trying because she is awesome. 

Well I love you guys and I hope that everything is going good. 

Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment