Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Email from October 23, 2013

Hello Family, 

Hey so here in Milano we are having a rainy day. This morning I had to start all the paper work to renew my permesso di soggiorno (residence permit), that was strange. So my goal will be to go back to school in the fall. I am fine with all of that.  I got your package and I like them. The skirt was a little big, but it still works (side note I am wearing the scarf right now :) ).  

So the situation with the bikes is this, the bikes stay in the city. If they are in terrible condition, normally you would need to buy a new one. When we enter the mission our mission asks us to give them a certain amount of money and then from then on if you need to buy a bike you will be reimbursed. Lately every city at least that I have seen because a lot of cities have been open have newer bikes. Actually I am not sure why I always get the bike. It just depends on who needs them and I never know. It seem that each sister I serve with has the bike. Giulia has not put her papers in yet. There was something wrong with the dentist's papers and they need to be translated into English. But she said after that they will be off. But I am excited to know!!! 

I want to tell you about this miracle that happened yesterday it was absolutely amazing!! So we went to teach a lesson, this family that we are working with the other night. It went so well that at the end the two of them accepted a baptismal date. We had been trying for a couple weeks to ask them but never felt right until the other day. And after we asked, one of them asked if it would be possible to push the date up and be baptized as soon as possible. It was just the most amazing thing. The two that accepted the date are children. One is eight and the other is 10 and their mom was fine with it and she almost accepted the date as well. But the 10 year old told us, I have never told anyone in my life this and starts crying and says I say prayers to God and ask for help and He tells me what I need to do and the spirit was just so strong and we had a Senior couple with us and she told him how he had felt the spirit in his life. But it was just an awesome day! 

We normally have consiglio della missione once a month. So we had one this week and we will have another one in two o three weeks. They are always held at Milano Lampugnano. All the zone leaders and training sister leaders go to this meeting.

Well I love you all so much and I hope you have the most wonderful day. Oh Parker I am proud that you made it.(her brother made it into NHS) 

Love, 

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment