Sunday, August 19, 2012

Email from Alison


MOM and Dad,
Well Mom I can truly say I met you friends daughter. I was going to the bathroom and I was waiting for one of the stalls to open and guess who came after me no one othyer then sister carter. It was strange because when I saw her I automatically knew it was her. I think she might have thought I was a little strange at first. But then she remembered who I was and said do you have two older sister? I said yes and she was like oh I know who you are. We just laughed at the irony of meeting in the bathroom.
So last Sunday Dad president soni like the one who used to be president in florida when we were in the hunters creek was presiding in my sacrament meeting and my district meeting. Dad he was like I know your dad very well and I just thought wow what a small world. He could not believe that you had a daughter going on a mission.  
So I have realized how glad I am in the district I am in. The other districts goof of and do not study the language as much as mine. Not saying that we do not have our moments, but when we are supposed to be doing our study time the other groups are not and I think because ours is I have learned so much and teaching has become so easy in italian. On Monday we had are first TRC and it was awesome, because I finally was able to have a conversation were I actually understood what was being said, and was able to make a response in italian. My collega struggles with speaking the language, so I was glad that I was able to help by speaking as much as I can. Not that I should be the only one talking but if I can make it so that our teachings flow I am fine with it. I also taught some one I know at the  TRC a friend from my previous ward at BYU. Right as I walked into the room we both just started laughing and the situation. But the language is coming along well. God has truly blessed my district I believe with the ability to learn the language. Even our teachers are amazed. I am only saying this to show you that God is truly helping us. Because I have been thinking that I would not have been this far in two weeks with out him. I cannot even believe I have been here that long and my group is already going onto the third. It is kind of sad because we have two districts in our group that are leaving for italiy on tuesday and I know we will see them there, but once you have spent so much time everyday being around people you truly grow to love them.
This last week I was frustrated and was lacking patience in certain areas, for instance you know how easily I can get annoyed by other people. So I was frustrated with the fact that our group was always work, work ,work and not having fun, that was uo until yesterday when I say how important it was. But a sorella from another district came up to my collega and I while we were studying and could not believe that we were actually studying. I was a bit in shock because I thought that was what we were supposed to be doing. Then I realized if I was not in my district I would not be learning the language as much as I am right.
Now those tention headaches funny story. I went into the doctors having a fever, nausea and headache. I came out with an appointment for a physical theropist,my collega and I just laughed after because we had no idea how that would be connected. And neither did the physical theropist when I saw him. Anyway mom and dad there is really nothing to worry about.
So dad I never realized that devotions they broadcast at the MTC no one else was allowed to see them. And let me tell you how amazing they are. I have never not gone to one of the devotions yet or meeting I have had and not got something out of it. I guess when people really talk about the emotional spiritual high you get at the MTC. I love it. Oh the food, well if it was not for the mandatory gym I would be fat. But just so you know I am not, if anything I have lost a pound.
Well I am glad to hear that Conner started school, I hope this school works for him. Tell him I love him and I good luck or in italian we say boca da luppa and you are supposed to say I hope the wolf dies. I want to bear my testimony in italian and I hope I spell everything ok. By the way I have never beared my testimony so many times in italin it is crazy.
Io so che Gesu Cristo e rendentore. Io so che joseph smit e thomas S. Monson sono profeti. Io so che Gesu crist viene a liberita da nostro peccati. Io so che questa chiesa e vero. Io testimonianza reguardo il potere di preghiera. Del nome gesu cristo amen.
I did not have time to do the accents. I love you all.
Love
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment