Friday, August 31, 2012

Alison's letter for this week

Hey,

So funny thing Sister Pearce was my favorite sister missionary here. She left last week for Milan. I want to share an experience that I had at TRC on Monday. Mom this is were we teach members of the church who just volunteer and come in for us to teach. Anyway we were teacher a member named Ted and he served in Milan. We were sitting there teaching about the BOM and of course it was in Italian. He begins to say something and he just breaks down in tears. That was a bit of a shock because I did not expect a full grown man to start crying from my collega and mine's teachings. I really never thought that the spirit would be that strong. The funny thing Is I sort of knew something was going to happen. After my collega said the prayer my heart was racing like it was going to leap out of my body. But I was just glad we could help him. 

Now mom it really depends on the day which scripture I like. This is hard because I really like D&C scriptures but I also like 2 Nephi 31: 20, but I really like D&C 59:23. Oh so I can now send photos, I will do that another time, they installed these machines so we can do that. 

I got conner's letter, but yours did not come with it. So i will tell you when I get it. Thank you. That is good that she is getting ready to go back to school. Parker is going to love those early mornings. Oh and Conner does not have to worry, like I said our district is probably the most disciplined. We have people constantly telling us that so his prayers are definitely answered. Oh we finally got knew girls in our room, they are going to the states. 

I am not going to say this next line to brag or anything, but one of our teachers told us sometimes how he thinks our district is destined to be leaders. He says this because he has just been amazed at our progress, at least I think. The other groups are not at the level we are at, but people keep saying things like they heard while their friend was on a mission how they were told that boys are sent to America to become men and men are sent to Europe to become apostles. They say that an apostle said that. But in reality, I think it does not matter where you go. The Lord knows the intentions of your heart and he chooses his leaders not the worlds idea. But then again I do not know. 

Ours teachers are switching up again and I think it would be nice to wish for consistent teachers. Well I cannot think of a lot that has happened this week. Except for that when I went to the temple last week I asked God if he would help me be patient with those around me and it has been a slow progression but it is working. Oh and since two anziani that are companions in our district were just getting frustrating with each other and taking behind each others back finally resolved it, after my collega and I forced them to take. They just were to concerned about it and did not want to get their feelings out. But after one of the Anziani came over to us and thanked us. He said thank you for making me do something that I did not want to do. It really was actually what I needed. Well at least I do not have to listen to the complaints anymore and now they finally get along and are working as a team. The day they worked it out that night was the first time they actually bore their testimonies together, yay,

Anyway I love you all and hope everything is still going well and I am glad james is feeling better. Love you guys, 

Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment