Friday, November 16, 2012

November 14th, 2012 email


On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM;
 Winter, I heard that it will snow and will be cold, but right now when everyone is wearing heaving jackets my companion and I are only wearing a cardigan (spelled wrong I know). It is not really cold at all. Haha one of our internal investigators Gica told me the other day why are you not wearing tights are you not cold or put a scarf on. Everyone wears scarves! Anyway I like the weather it is warmer than Utah. Oh and there is no snow right now, not saying that there will not be in the future but right now no. Oh so The mountains and are not to far away and we get to go to the Menighini family again this weekend, into the mountains we go, only a 1 hour bus ride to their house ( but takes up our day), bus contacting, sometimes that can be ackward when the person is not interested and you just sit and are there with the person who just rejected you for 40 more minutes. The thing is what do you talk about after that point. I have no idea.
  The couple that drives us to the grocery store are members. They have been members for a long time. Anyway so Esther is going to be baptized on the 30th!!! She told us that she feels ready and she has been picking chapters in the Book of mormon to read, she came to institute and is coming again today. She loves our church!! She really wants her family to be baptized in the church as well, she told us that she has seen the effect of reading the book of mormon in her live. She said it has provide her with more work and she just feels the love of GOD!!!!!!!! Ah I am just so happy, not that she is going to get baptized, but that the work we are doing is truely helping someone! Man this is awesome.
 We taught yesterday a inactive young single adult my age. She is Sorella Leaso daughter. Well anyway I think about how someone my age could go away from the church and I just think how in the world can I help her. But my companion and I just thought that if we teach her once a week and just try and be her friend and remind her what the church can do for her and how it will make her feel, we just hope that it works.
 Lately our finding work and casa and casa. has not been really working for us. We have tried and are doing everything we can, so in the future the blessings will come. This week not alot has happened, we had a lot of cancelled appointments as usually and well there is really nothing you can do about it. I wish I had a amazing story to tell you all but I really do not. I was having a hard time this week, I lost my patience a few times and I felt bad, I think that maybe the reason this week did not go as well, was probably because of me. And then it rained half the week so people were not outside and there was not as many to talk to anyway, sorry for the little rant. But yeah we will see how this next week goes. I love you all a  tons!! And thank you for telling me those thoughts in the email I needed them.

Love,

Ally  


  Alison sent us this small email just a few minutes after she sent the one above.

The other day we were doing casa and casa and we were doing door after door after door and a lady told us if we do not get out of her palazo she would call the police. So we left the palazo and at the end of the night when we were going home we passed by these two girls and we talked for 15 to 20 minutes just about how God loves us and she just seemed to happier. They just looked so depressed and she said she has had so many people tell her about god, that now she has a distorted view. And they way we talked of him was a happy version in a sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment