Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 21 email, 2012

So I have some news about Esther that is sad, she worked so much the past week that we have not been able to see her. But she really wants to come to church still so that is a good thing. Yes she speaks spanish and italian. So you will be able to she her someday. Yes I spelled the word wrong, I think it is pilazzo it is like a apartment complex or houses etc. I cannot remember who this woman is that you are asking about the big house. I cannot describe it you are going to have to try it (gelato). I know thanksgiving is tomorrow and today we are doing a turkey bowl sort of thing with our guys. So I get to wear pants or work out clothes for a little while. It feels so nice!! But first we have to find the place, you see the guys live on the side of verona where we do not teach so we are going to have an adventure, as always. Italians do not celebrate the holiday, they put up the christmas tree on saturday, it is huge, it is by Porta Nuova. That is one of our train stations. In verona we have two: Porta Vescovo and Porta Nuova. Porta Nuova is the larger one. Oh so tomorrow we are going to Genova to get my companions permesso. So I am getting out of verona for a day. Will be strange it is a 3 and a half hour train ride I think there and another one back. 
  I am so glad that they are getting along, I bet that it is a stress reliever. Right now it is not that cold yet. So I am totally fine, I will like I said buy warmer nylons that are think so my legs can stand the cold.  I keep forgetting to do this because P-day comes and there is just so much to do and little time. But I think I am going to be fine. 
 No the mountains in Italy are so different. They are so pretty. I love the mountains here and they are so close!! They are like stairs. have you seen pictures of how houses just sort of create stair cases down the mountains, they so that and then the mountains are just awesome!! I did not know that he had a cyst. Well I am glad that everything is ok and that he is doing fine. Well I bet he is happy to be able to do basketball again. 
  Anyway this past week has been kind of crazy. We got 11 new investigators. I really do not know how we did it. Man the lord blessed us. I told the president that during interviews yesterday and he was like I think that that is a record. Oh I want to tell you about a african woman we meet the first week we were in Genova. I am not sure if I have told you about her, but her name is Isoken. We have not been able to get a hold of her so we thought she was not working but there funny thing is she is interested. We decided to pass by her house on sunday and we taught her a lessons about the restoration and she loved it. She had so many questions for us and said she would read and want us to come back. Guess what we taught her 8 year old son joshua and yeah he was awesome too. Anyway it has been great, we are going to see Tina and Helen tonight and we will see how it goes and we will see Mary and Alexander (siblings, we meet them saturday) and teach them again. It has been pretty sweet.  Well I am glad that everything is well. Love you all. 

Sometimes she emails twice so here is the second one:

Oh I wanted to give you a little something else about the 11 investigators. Last thursday we were doing comp study and we read one of the talks from conference. It was about a missionary who looked at everyone as who they could be and not as what they are. We started doing that. We loooked at everyone as if they we dressed in white, as if they were going to be baptized. Once we started doing that the investigators started pouring in. That day we found 2 people and then the next day we found more and more until at the end of the week we had 11. What I have learned from this is that your attitude makes or breakes your mission. I know that this is only a small example and that there would probably have been other miracles grander, but this one was the one I prefered this week. Because we changed our ideas and then the miracle happed. First we needed to have faith before God was able to do his work through us. No faith, no work. I have a saying Faith is strength and attitude is the Key.

No comments:

Post a Comment