Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today's e-mail

Hey Family, 

Well I know about the election. We went to the market this morning and the lady told us about it at the cash register. Then after we saw a member come in Sorella Mangia told us also. I am sorry I guess we will have to wait another four years. Haha I am glad you got a ton of candy for halloween. I bet Parker was glad, at least he eats the junk food. I know everyone here lives off of nutella, so it is not that bad, but my companion is trying to loss weight so we do not buy junk food. What we eat, well we eat three times a week with members and you just eat their meal and you cannot eat anymore. I have learned my lesson. And when they bring the first course of pasta, know that you do not want seconds of it because next will be the big meal with veges, potatoes, salad, pork, chicken lots of food, after fruit course, then the dessert. My stomach cannot handle alot of it but I eat it anyway. When we are not eating with the members we are having salads, chicken with the italian base brecimela things (it is good), pasta, enchiladas, tocas, soup, we like to try and make new things, but sometimes they do not taste the best. We experiments for fun. 

My apartment well there are three rooms and the kitchen, bathroom. On room is our study, one room for where we sleep and we have an extra room, no couch. Everyone here lives in apartments, the houses are to experencsive. The italians like to just tax for everything. Yeah I like to go to the bakery, I get the pastries and my companion only buys eggs. She is really weird about her weight. 
  I wish I knew what part of Peru esther was from. So we decided on monday that we would just go to her house and see her because we have not been able to keep an appointment. Because on Sunday she had a fever and could not come to church, last week her family did this big party and we could not see her. So we just went on the bus to caldiero and we had to walk 40 minutes to the outside city caldieno where she lives (probably spelled the city wrong) . But we past by all these grape vines and orchards and country villas in italy. Oh it was so awesome!! I just love the countryside of italy. But when we finally make it to her house she was there!! We were an hour late to her house then what we had told her we would be. So we walk in and talk to her. We say a prayer and after the prayer Esther just starts crying. She tells us about all her problems how she just left her companion a month ago, how she lost her job because of her companions ex girlfriend and is now doing a job she does not like. She tell us that the only reason she let us come over is because of the question on our white board. She also said she say us once before but did not have time to talk to us. She told us that the question ww asked her was how happy are you and she said it hit her because she was not happy she was at a 0 on a scale from 0 to 10. She told us that she is looking for peace and confort and wants to feel happy. Perfect!! We talked to her and told her how this gospel will help her and she was just so excited about it. She said she would read and come to church. At the end after she said the closer prayer, she said quitely I fell traquil, I feel peace right now. I think I was about to explode. She is such a wonderful person and wants to go to institute tonight. Man I think she made my mission. And her family were just so sweet to us, so we are going to ask esther if her family would like to learn about the gospel. Ah I am just so excited to teach her again!! Tina and Helen are from africa, Ghana. 

Well I am trying to think of anything else that is exciting but I cannot think of anything else. Well If I do I will send you a letter. Love you all so much!!

Love, 

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment