Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Alison's letter from Nov. 28, 2012

What Alison means in the first sentence is that she asked me to send her toothpaste because the toothpaste in Italy is not that good. I told her I would and that is what she meant by "I thought you would".

Here is her letter

Haha I thought that you would. Right now outside it is pouring cats and dogs outside, haha I think it is funny how outside our apartment there is like a puddle that has become a lake. 
Well I am glad that he likes it. I hope that he becomes amazing at it! Okay thank you! I know that was probably a really weird request, but that will be wonderful. I have a letter that I forgot to send off last week. So you will probably get that with the other one I will be sending off. The letter has details of the Genova trip. We have to make another trip tomorrow to Genova again. You see last week we only were setting up her appointment and this week we are picking up the premesso. I think I only need to get it renewed once. And I have to go to this like 6 hour class for mine because they have started doing that about the Italian rules and if I do not go I will not get my premesso. 
Yeah we got 11 investigators but they not wanted to continue to learn. Sad! Oh we got this amazing Filopean woman on Saturday. Her name is Gloria and during the lessons she told us that she knows that we are instruments of God and that she feels like she is remembering things from the past, when we were talking to her about the book of mormon. She said that she feels that this is in her heart right and the only reason that she would invite us over is because she is interested. She said she knows our time is precious and she does not want to take up our time unless she is interested. She felt the Holy spirit she said!! Yeah! And she wants us to teach her husband with her this Saturday!! I am so excited to teach her and watch her grow!! 
Our apartment is a little big I guess, for two people it is nice. Most Italian apartments are not large. About my bike, I did not buy it. You see the other sisters used the bikes we have now they are just in the apartments when we get there. Oh my bike is ancient. But it makes me laugh when ever I am on it. 
Do not worry I eat pretty heathly, my companion loves to eat heathly so it is all taken care of. But yeah I get tired because we are just going from place to place, constantly on the go. It is not that big of a deal. And I drink plenty of water. 
For the english class it depends on the week. Sometimes we have alot others we have four, but for our class we normally have eight people. You see it is required that we do a service each week and this is our service. 
Well on Sunday our church started at 3:30 and ended at 6:30. It was kind of a weird time. Any way during relief society, a lady stood up and told the sisters that we need to provide the missionaries with our cooking skills. It was just funny, because we eat with the members but I guess they want more of them to feed us. Then after on of the ladies came up to us and asked us to come and eat at their house on friday with he inactive husband and family. So haha I just found it funny. Anyway I cannot think of anything else to say well I hope that you all enjoy your week and I hope that my letters will eventually get there. 

Love,

Ally 

No comments:

Post a Comment