Thursday, December 20, 2012

email from December 18, 2012

Hey Family, 

So I am writing on a different day because since tomorrow is the Christmas conference we do not have pday on the same day this week. But next week we will have it on Wednesday. So this week has been a bite crazy. Things have been falling through like crazy. We had a lesson with a lady named Vania who came to church last sunday, last saturday and we were a little nervous to teach her because her scada says a few things about her and the past missionaries thought that she has a devil. But she really wanted us to come over and teach her so we did. But the scada was wrong. She is a very kind person and she pretty much gives everything she has for the poor in this country and she was very sweet. She just does not want to change her religion. We taught Elizabetta again and I just love her, she is reading and commited herself to come to church in a week and a half. YEAH!! I was happy, we just had to listen to her and understand her point of view in order to be able to help her. We finally got to see Praise last saturday, but the day before we were not sure if we were going to see her. You see on friday her parents got into a car accident in Zevio, because it was snowing like crazy. That was such a cold day. My boots got soaked and the water started to leak through the boots and soaked my soaks. Haha Sorella oakes and I both thought that we might be getting frpst bite, but we did not. But anyway we were trying to get a hold of them on saturday to make sure this time that we get to see them and they never responded. So we just hoped that when we get out there that they would be there. I think I was saying like fifty mini prayers as we were taking the bus over to Zevio. And they were there when we got there and we taught Praise with her mother Charity. We taught her the Gospels and with her mom s help she understood it. Gloris and Peter we are not able to see. They are just so busy and do not have time to see us. It is said because they were just so amazing when we saw them. 
 Well I want to share a experience that Sorella Oakes and I had last night with you. We were doing casa on this street and we finished the casa. And Sorella Oakes was like I just want to continue doing casa and casa because after my mission I know that I am going to miss it. So we continue walking down this street. And as we turn to go down on this street, I was just getting this awful feeling. And I knew that we should not go down this street. But Sorella Oakes continued walking and in my head I knew I could not leave her by herself on this road so I walked with. We past by this warehouse and I knew with every part of me we should not be anywhere near here. But I felt that I should not yell, because it was not a good area. Sorella oakes whispers to me lets get out of here now. And I was very glad that she did because I was about to tell her the same thing. So I just start sprinting. And we both just sprint with each other to our bikes and we get our bikes and ride our bikes as fast as we can away. That I tell Sorella oakes that I know I do not want to mention any movies but and then I tell her what movie it reminded me of. And she says that she felt that it was the exact same thing. I do not want to tell you what it was because it freaks me out even thinking about it. But I am just glad that the I am living my life worthy enough to have the promptings of the holy spirit.

Gosh, I am glad that no one was home but geez!! I think that your guys neighborhood needs to get a fence!! I am sorry mom, but at least you guys are save. I really do not like the people in this world sometimes and to think that this world is only going to get worse. 

Fredrico sent us a text saying that our church did not answer all of his questions so he did not want to continue to learn. I actually have no idea what midnight mass will be like. I will tell you next wednesday, since it is tuesday christmas and then I will know. I am glad that she was happy to recieve my letter. How is she doing? Last time she told me she was having chemotheropy. I am proud of Conner for winning the spelling be. He is such a bright boy. 

In our ward there are 200 people, but only 65 or 80 come. Italians mom, they are strange. haha, sometimes it is funny because the members at least some like to come in jeans and in a regular shirt. But they are friendly. Well I will tell you more about them in the letter. Oh sorry I forgot to get a letter out, but I found a amazing place to print of pictures and you will have a few of the city mom. So I thought you would like that. Love you and all and I do worry even when you tell me not to.

Love
ALi


Oh I forgot to tell you that we will probably be skyping at 6 o clock my time. My companion just told me that and she said that she does not know if we will be allowed to skype. It will just be a call then, but be prepared for both. The mission president has to tell us if we can tomorrow so we will see. 









No comments:

Post a Comment