Sunday, December 16, 2012

E-mail from December 12, 2012

Dear Family, 
Haha I can answer all your questions. Looks like lego land was fun. I like the lego christmas tree. I hope Parker wins, what would he get if he wins? Oh I have no idea what that is that he built, I have never heard of it. 

Gloria and her husband we were no able to see this Saturday they were in Milano. But they are still reading in the book of mormon. We got a few new investigator this week. We got a 19 year Italian (Yes finally a real italian). His name is fredrico and we taught him the the entire restoration on saturday with a member. And he completely understood it. We can only see him Saturdays in the morning because he is studying at the University. So he does not have time except saturday, but we will see him this saturday and he said that he is going to go to church on Sunday. We repicked up this woman we dropped 2 months ago because she called us and asked us to teach her. And we took a member from Verona 2 with us Joyce (she is awesome) and she was completely different (Elizabetta the investigator) from the last time we saw her. She had a real interest to learn and a desire to read. She was reading by herself and showed us the chapter, even though she did not understand it. We are now teaching the son of a new convert Daniella. We taught him the first lesson yesterday.  Oh I need to tell you about this amazing miracle. Sorella oakes and I have been feeling that we need to give Gica a date. And one month ago she was angry at us for even bringing it up. So we fasted that she would have a open heart when we asked her on sunday. At the end of the day we were waiting at the Bus stop for the bus and the golleito family (the couple that takes us to the store, who thinks we are her children) came by in their car. The pull over and ask us where we are going we say to Borgo Roma area. They say hope in and they tell each other that we are going over to Gica's house. We did not tell which was funny. Anyway we find out in the car that Gica and Emma Golleito are really close, that she thinks of her as family, sort of like a mother figure. And we were like that was news to us. They decide to come along with us to the lesson. We meet Claudio at Gica's house (another new convert). Gica's was so surprised to see Sorella Golleito, but in the good way. The lesson went amazing we felt the spirit and when we asked her to be baptized she was not angry. She said she could only not accept a date yet. But after the lesson when sorella Golleito told her something, Gica said she feels that she is going to get baptized really soon. So at least now she is open to it! Now we are not teaching Esther anymore, she sort of fell of the planet. But she will be a baptism for someone in the future, who does the Area book. We had a interesting event happen to us on our way to Zevio this Saturday. We went to Porta Nuova and waited for the Bus, it never came. So we took the train to Caldiero, the Kerekes family drove us to Zevio (this was a miracle, because we had no idea how we were going to get there if the bus did not come). When we get to Zevio we are 40 minutes early. So we did a little bit of phone calls, Finding work. When we call the family that we were supposed to have a lesson with they tell us that they are not home and are 3 hours away. They tell us that we did not call them today to conferm. But we confermed it the other day and come every Saturday!! Anyway we got to the bus stop and have 40 more minutes until the bus comes. So we do casa a casa. Then we wait for the bus it never comes. Then we realize that Saturday was a holiday and the buses do not pass. You see Italian holidays are not celebrated so no one knows about them. We have to call a member to come get us and drive us home. We were just glad we made it home. 
   Well it snowed one day and now it is warmer and sunny. Verona does not snow really and winters are not bad here. It is nice. I bought nylons last Pday and they are amazing! I think I am going to be fine with everything that I have right now. There is no malls in Verona, it is like a bunch of little botiques. 
The pizza, I just think of it as something completely different than american pizza. People here use so much Olive Oil. I have never in my life seen human beings that could have so much. At least it is the healthy oil. 
  For Christmas we do not have a family we are eating with yet. But I bet someone will. People in our ward are always last minute with eating lunches. They will come up to you the day of and ask. We are going to midnight mass (the Catholic thing) and next week we have the Christmas meeting for our Zone with the president. I have seen the president twice each transfer. I hope I will be calling you in the afternoon my time, which will be in the morning maybe 9 or 10 your time. It will be a skype. I need you guys to set one up for me because I cannot remember mine. Thankyou!! Well I have to go if I thin kof anything else I will write you it. Oh tonight we go for Bergamo for a blitz. It should be fun. We come back tomorrow night. Okay well I love you all!!

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment