Sunday, January 27, 2013

Email from January 23, 2013


Ciao Family, 
I hope her parents let her, but they are still letting her come to church.  Well we had a interesting week. I got a cold! My throat still has a little bit of it, but it is pretty much gone. Since it only lasted a week that is fine. But some days it was bad. And I bet the people thought I was a weirdo. Because there are alot of philopeans ( I am sorry if I cannot spell that word right) and south americans, Sorella Gomez and I find ourselves talking to them more because we find it a little easier. But this last week we kind broke of our norm and started talking to literally everyone. Trust me it we seem to get a few more rejections, but literally we can say that we gave them the chance. 
  I think my highlight of the week was Sunday though. We have been trying to get one of our investigators to come to church I guess for a month and she came on Sunday!! I think I might have scared her by how excited I was that she came. Haha. But we also had a few other investigators there on sunday and let me tell you it was just awesome!!!! 
 Sorella Gomez:  She grew up in Mexico. All her family lives there, her parents, sister, brother, nephew, tutti! She went to Byu (she learned english in Utah) and studied Geography. She finished school, graduated and now serving a mission. She is just awesome and dedicated! 
 Milano Cimiano Ward: There are so many people. I loose track of who is who. I feel bad for that too. And some of the names are a little difficult for me to pronounce, because they are not italian names but spanish and filopino names. Haha do not worry I eat well. Non ho fame dopo ho mangiato con loro. But here we eat South American tood or Filopean food. Milano 2 area is the only area in milano that has the outer parts, so yes. I guess so. Milano is interesting. It is a mix of modern style buildings in centro and really there are a few of the buildings like Verona, but it does not have all the old ancient buildings. But there is a bone church in Milano and we went to it one P-day for like 5 minutes, it is kind of creepy. I have no idea if I have told you about this but a lot of people here love to wear fur coats. I do not think I have every seen so many! I would think they would smell. But I know I have mentioned the Metro before, but it is so different. Because one day were coming home from church in a car and I realized that I did not know Milan above ground. I know it below, because we leave under the earth in the metro everyday. Not literally, but figuratively of course. 
I am in Milan 2 not the same ward. I got a extra copy of my patriachal blessing in the MTC. So you do not have to worry about that. Well I am still  proud that Conner did so well. And I know he is amzing and has always tried his hardest. :) Oh Parker is going to get his soon, I am excited for him. Oh so we are doing a scambio this transfer in Torino. I am really excited!! 

Love

Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment