Sunday, January 6, 2013

Email from Wednesday January 2, 2013

Dear Family 

My companion is Sorella Gomez and is absolutely amazing.  She is from Mexico. She has just as much enthusiam for the work as me and loves talking to people. So it is a perfect fit. She speaks spanish and there are a lot of people we meet who do not speak italian or English, so I have asked her to teach me a little, so that we are talking to people who are spanish I do not have to feel like I have no idea what is being said. SO lets hope I can pick up on spanish.  Oh the majority of the people her are from Peru or south America. We have quite a few investigators.  My companion Sorella Gomez is absolutely awesome!! She wants to talk with everyone just as much as me and I feel like she is my best friend already. I will tell you about this new investigator we got yesterday, her name is Isabella and we meet her on our way to a appointment. We called the new convert told her were going to be late and taught Isabella a lesson about how God is our loving heavenly Father. She just starting crying. She told us that she has had a few difficult times in her life and wanted to start coming back to church again. And now is the perfect time new year etc.. Oh so we have a baptism coming in 2 weeks the girl is awesome. She came from peru 1 month and 1 week ago I believe and she was taught by the missionaries in Trejio, Peru. She has a testimony that this is true and came searching for the missionaries, she is so elect!! So I am so ecited!! We are teaching her mom Clara and she has so many questions. Haha we taught her the plan of salvation on saturday and she kept asking, well at least we knoe she wants to learn. I am just so excited to be here!! AHHHHHH. We got a new investigator on Sunday who is from filopeans her name is Jeremy and companion Deo is a meno attivo. So we will see them every sunday. They are awesome. I just love them. Jeremy wants to learn and Deo has a true desire to come back to the church and to be able to partake of the sacrament again.   I celebrated Christmas at the Senior missionaries house. Sorella Burger cooked for us, american food which was nice.  
  For New Years we had to be in the house by 7 and yesterday they only wanted us to go out if we had appointments. That is why when we met Isabella it was a miracle because we were only going out for our new convert lesson with Giovanna. So we were praying we would meet someone and we did. YAY! I think I am just going to think of each place as some where different. Because I have different experiences in each place. But for new years day we cleaned everything, we did a little area book and we had our 2 appointments. Oh so since we leave near the duome in Milan Sorella Oakes said that the fire works woke her up. We leave above a bar and the people can be a little loud. The apartment is pretty big. We have cabnets!! I mean Cabnets! YAY. And It is nice. I love the apartment, is is spacious. 
  I bet it seemed like a quiet christmas, but it seems fun. Yay I am so glad she got baptized and that you guys can be a part of it. I know that was a miracle. Well I love you all and hope you have a new wonder new year!!

Love

Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment