Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Emails from today January 9, 2013

Hello family, 

I want to tell you of my wonderful week that I have been having in Milano. There has been miracle after miracle. First off I will tell you of what happened on Saturday. This is a fun story. First I want to say we taught Nuns. The anziani in Muggio gave us a referral and her name was Antonia. We called her up and she said how many of you are coming so I can set up the sets. And so we thought we were going to a bible study. But we took the metro over and we call it farther than far far away. Because it is pretty far. So we get there and got a little messed up on which bus stop to get off at. And we had to walk 25 minutes back to one of the previous bus stops. We called Antonia and she came out and we followed her to a building. We walked inside and it was a church. The people were praying to the ten commandments. I had to do everything in me not to laugh at the irony of the situation. And there were four nuns inside. We made a circle and nuns were like you need to face the ten commandments, so we did a half circle. We said a prayer, they did one their way and we did one ours. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen and trust me I have seen some strange things. Then we talking a little about explained a few things and then a man came in. He started saying how he had studied with a range of different church and he mentioned the mormons. We said we were mormon and he was like no really? And we said yes. He said I have so much respect for your church. I have read all of the stand works, the history of the church and I am subscribed to the Ensign. I think I was stunned. I could not believe what he said. But we could only give him a pass along card. So we left and we waited 45 minutes for a bus to come. It came on the other side. We were on the wrong side of the street, a lady said and that one was the last one of the day. That was at 2:45 pm, I know quite early. Then we did not know what to do or where to go. You see we were probably an hour a way on foot from the metro station and we had no idea which way to go. So we decided to pray and we both felt we needed to ask someone to give us a ride to the station in their car. So we started looking at the cars to see if there was a woman in the car, because that is the only way that we could go with them. The first car we stopped said no. Then five other cars passed and eventually we saw a woman waiting for a car to come out of the garage. And when she went into the car we rain after it. We probably looked like crazy people. Then Sorella Gomez knocked on the window and asked then can we ask you a grande favore. And they said do I know and we said no and then we asked for the ride and they took us. I guess I hitch hicked to the station. And then we made it on time to our next appointment. But yesterday when we were on the metro a man called us saying sisters and we turned and sorella Gomez said Fratello thinking that he was a member. But it turns out that he was one of the people in the church that day when we taught the nuns and wanted to continue to learn, so we will see him sunday at the church. 
  This one is my all time favorite. We got a week and a half ago, my first day in Milano a referral from the assistants. A referral with only a name Elena and her address. It was from when the new missionaries were at the duomo their first day. So we decided on Monday to go and try and find her. So we went to the address. We said a prayer before and went to the citofino. There were a 100 names, but last names. But the gate was open so we walked in. There was a woman and we asked her by change if she would know a woman named Elena who is south american. She said that she new a Elena who was from peru. She asked us if we know what she looks like and we regretfully said no. She said okay, let us go to the citofino and ring hers. So we did and she started speaking to her in spanish saying that the sister missionaries are here to see you and you might have met the elders at the duomo  a week and a half ago. She said yes yes please come up. Again I was stunned at the fact she was here and remembered. We went up to her and she said that she has been waiting for the almost two weeks. And thought that we would never come. We recounted to her the story of how we found her and she said that she knows that God loves her because we were able to find her. And we saw her again yesterday and she said that she knows the Book of Mormon to be true and accepted a baptism date. There has been a miracle every single say this past week. I know that God is blessing us. We have been finding new people after new people. The members have been bringing friends. It has been amazing!! I hope all is well with you and would really like to know what is happening with you. I love you all and sorry is a little later then normal. Enjoy your day 

Love

Ali




 Oh I forgot to tell you of a experience that seems to be happening lately to us. We have been working on really letting the people we talk to understand that we know that this is true. And we were talking to a man in the park and he asked us if this makes us happy. And we said yes and he said I can see it. I can see that it makes you happy and I believe you. Then we were told by investigators and people in our ward that we always seem happy. And I guess that people can know our message is true by how happy we are. 
Well that was my little other thing I wanted to say. I love you!! 

Love 
Ali 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment