Sunday, March 17, 2013

E-mail from March 13, 2013


Hey Family,
Well yeah, we went to a Leonardo da Vinci museum and it had a lot of other inventions as well from other inventors. It was more of an all in one and it was, I think it had five floors. It was quite large.  It had a bunch of his paintings and the scientific discoveries he thought about. We spent a bit of time in there. Tell sister Sweety Martinez I say hello and give her a hug from me. 
   Stake Conference was at Farmagosta. It is only 20 or 25 minutes on the red line, it is not to far. But for others yes it does take a little longer. It went really well, there were so many people. People were standing up all along the sides (okay well not all of them but a few people). 
  Jeremy is a woman. She is great! And she said some awesome things at our lesson when we had it. She told us that she loves God more than Deo. She said that if they cannot get their marriage worked out in this life they will wait for the next. And she knows that this is a direct response from God to their prayers that they can now be separated and that she can get baptized. We actually today went over the baptism interview questions with her and her interview for baptism will be next Tuesday. Yes, she can be baptized. The government knows about them. because they have been talking to the embassy and they are trying to work on their situation. Jeremy and Deo are from the Filipinos.
  I know I was happy it went through. She has been awesome helping us teach her family. You can tell she really wants this for her brother. She helps clarify things to her brother. And she helps him come to church too. They are just amazing. I have not seen whole families get up to bear testimonies. Maybe in the future. We will see.
  My companion Sorella Eaton knows the Anziano who you were talking about. She said she knew him when she was in Firenze And I have heard his name before. But I have never met him.
  Well this week has been interesting. They have given us a new goal to meet as a mission. Before we had this 20 lesson challenge (these lessons used to include members, nonmembers, less actives and new converts), but now they have asked us to go for 15 lessons. But these lessons can only include nonmember lessons. So it is interesting to watch the changes. And it is kind of fun to watch everyone strive to reach the goals that our region president gives us.
  So I have been forgetting to tell you about something, and if I have already told you about it I am so sorry that I sometimes repeat myself. So on our buses there are normally the people who check to make sure we have our tickets and if you do not you can get slapped with big fines. But the funny thing is they are called controllers and it makes me think of video games. And you know when they get on the buses, because sometimes people get off the bus. Anyway I just liked the name. I am trying to think of something else because I feel like I am forgetting something. Oh so, you want to know something pretty awesome. I was talking to Clara one day, this is the mom of Vivian and I have no idea how we got onto this subject, but she told my companion that apparently when I got here (to Milano) I could not speak that well. And then she was like but look at her now. Haha it is funny sometimes you do not notice the change because it comes small, but there. Well I hope you have a wonderful day. I love you all! And I will tell you my favorite scripture next time, do not worry I did not forget. I just need to pick tonight!!
Love,
Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment