Sunday, March 10, 2013

E-mail from March 6, 2013

Well here is the wonderful news. Vivian was baptized last Saturday and was confirmed on Sunday  So I guess in your words it did go well. Her mom and brother came to the baptism and her brother really wants to learn. We had a few people there and she was baptized by the husband of a sister in the ward that has gone with us to lessons at Vivian's house. It was cool, I had the chance to prepare one of the talks at the baptism on the holy spirit and it went well. I never asked her how the water was, her fear was that the water would be cold when she got baptized. He is 15. He came to church on Sunday and Vivian told us that he said the previous night "we need to get to bed on time we need to go to church." So we are going to try and see him this week. And we see Vivian and she was asking us about this Sunday, oh we are having stake conference so we need to go to a different church building and she does not really know how to get to the one on the Metro, so we will probably meet her and her brother at the metro by the church and go together. Oh there are now official four different lines. I am not sure if I have told you about that. 


We were doing area book a few weeks ago and came across a few people that we wanted to see. This past week we saw two of them and one of them had not seen the sister missionaries for 4 or 5 years and had only had two appointments with them. But they had made a significant impression on them that she was willing to see us. Then other one the sisters had let go about four months ago and when we called her she said that she was thinking about giving us a call. We saw her yesterday again with her sister and it was an amazing lesson. She is an amazing woman. Her family are pretty much members except her. Her sister and cousins are in our ward. So I am excited to continue to work with her. We will see a few first timers this week and I will tell you about how those go later. 

I am glad that you guys are keeping yourselves busy and mom I have seen a bit of the city, but when ever it is p day it rains. And some days we are a bit tired. But I like this city. Well Parker is almost done, that is good. Well I love you all and I hope that you will have a wonderful week. 

LOVE, 

ALI 

No comments:

Post a Comment