Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Email from July 31, 2013




So just so you know I had to buy a new bag because my side bag broke and we are not allowed to use book bags. 

So it is hot, but  I guess it really just does not bother me. And maybe I am used to it. I will thank Florida for all my years there. There is a little stream from the mountains and it is completely dry and has been for about the last month and a half. But I do not know, I like the sun. I am getting darker. I would say that it is about 32 degrees Celsius. But I am right by the ocean, so we get the ocean breeze and it is not that hot. They say that there are two weeks in august that are bad or unbearable but we will see when we get there. 
In Savona there is only the branch. There were the senior coppia with us, but they are closing that apartment and we are not getting another coppia. The branch most Sundays we are 25 to 30 people. But this Sunday there was a little more.

D came to church!!! And D is doing great. D accepted a baptism date. And is reading a lot. So there is a lot of progression. E came to church on Sunday and liked it. 

We taught for the first time Gospel Principles class. It is so different teaching in Italian. I did not realize how much I love talking until this week. Or more the last half of the week. I just feel this urge to continue to talk, even to myself. I remember my last companion telling how sometimes I would just talk to talk about nothing. 

I remember mom telling me that they were there and when they are leaving, but I like that part about the princess. Haha she is funny. 

I do not need anything. Do not worry. If I did I would tell you. But anything I can find I have that here. 
I want to tell you about this cool experience that happened the other day. We were going to an appointment and it was cancelled. So we sat in the park for a few minutes and then this lady passed by us and asked if she could sit by us. We said yes but she could not hear us and asked again and then we said us. She sat down and said would you like one (pointing to this bag of faccacia) . We said sure and it was good. She said oh you are not Italians and we were like no. We started talking about who we were and why we are here. She said the only reason I wanted to sit by you is because I could tell you were good people. You see all the young people smoking, but there was something different about you. I could tell by your eyes. It was nice. (I am not sure if I told you that story before).

Well I hope you guys have a wonderful day. Love you 

Ali 


Alison's zone with their new mission president.  President Dibb and his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment