Friday, July 19, 2013

Email from July17, 2013


Hello Family, 

This week has been a little bit crazy. On Friday we got a call telling us that a new sister was coming into the mission and that she would be staying with us. Her name is sorella Bringas. She is from Firenze and she is original from Peru (Lima), but she has been living in Italy for the last 10 years. So her Italian is amazing. She was staying with us until she can get into the MTC in Madrid and we are going tomorrow to Florence to pick up some paper work and she can go to Madrid. But after 10 days in the MTC she will come back here to Savona with us. So I am in a triple at least until tomorrow and then for the next 10 days again in two and then in three again. So we went down to Milan on Saturday, it took about two hours and 45 minutes both ways on the train. Then tomorrow our train will get us to Florence in four hours I believe and then we will return again back to Savona in the same day. But my favorite part of taking trains is the view. I love it.

We were not able to see A because they have family in town. But next week for sure. So sad news about B. Our phone had a malfunction problem and we lost her number. So we are trying to do everything we can to find her. The family is doing great, we saw them and they are just awesome. We are teaching a son of a member. We went over to the members house yesterday and her son was there. All our plans had fallen through and we were thinking of something we could do and I thought we could pass by this member. It is a sister in law to A. In this ward almost everyone is related. I think that is how it is in Italy. Well we went over and the member her family are not members. She has three sons and her husband. She is really sweet so I feel bad for her. Anyways her son stayed and listened to the message. We found out that he is atheist, but he is willing to listen and said it would be important for him to know that God exists at the end. So I think we at least got to a good point and a way to help him.

I want to tell you about an experience that I am a little bit in shock of. On our phone we have a lot of numbers and I decided to give one a call. I call the lady up and she said of course we can meet. I did not know who she was if she was a member or not. But she knew that we were the missionaries. She gave us a call yesterday and asked me how we got her number. I said probably from the missionaries in the past. She said that she had been inactive for a long period of time and we had happened to call her at the right moment. She said on Sunday she went to church and found out that they had changed the time of church and they were a little late (her daughter and her (both inactive). Then I said where are you because our church was always at the same time. She said at Genova and than everything made sense. But she thanked me on the phone, for the call, because now she is on her way to being active again. It was a really neat experience. 
Well that has been our amazing week! 

Love you and hope your week goes well. 

Love, 

Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment