Friday, May 3, 2013

E-mail from May 1, 2013


In our email to Alison we told her that we found out in our family history that some of my (her mom's) ancestors were from Trieste, Italy. Which is part of Alison's mission!

Hello Family,
So I have some news; I am getting transferred to Bergamo. So now we will see what adventures I have there. I heard that I am going to be on the bike again. Which I am afraid my muscles will just worn out the first day. 
I thought that we knew mom was related to that pirate. But I did not know the end part that he went to Italy. 
  The church is growing here. Which is absolutely amazing. There are so many miraculous things happening. I do not think I told you about this but the Sunday before last Silvia our baptism date, who is just awesome, brought her sister in-law to Church. Then she came again last Sunday. We had an appointment with her and apparently last Friday Giovanna went over to Silvia's house thinking that we would be there. Giovanna wanted to see us. But we fixed an appointment with her and Silvia. 
 We had a blitz with the Sisters in Regga Millia (not sure if spelled like that or not) and it was raining. These days seem to be weird you see it has been raining like everyday and it has been weird temperatures; either too cold or too hot. But today it seems to have become normal. Or at least seems to have become that way. These days we just seem to find more people. The other day we had a lesson with Clara (a different Clara than Vivian and Kevin's mom). And her daughter and her husband listened and were wanting to know more. Which the last time they were not there. It is just awesome to watch people become interested in this. 
  Well I am trying to think of what happened this week but I am not getting much. But I hope everything is well you guys. I love you a lot. 
Love, 
Ali


In Alison's last email she mentioned that while they were teaching a new convert about family history and looking at our family line her companion recognized someone's name and they figured that Alison and her were 4th cousins.  Alison said that her companion is related to her through Thomas Daniel Brown and Esther Wardle.  But her companion is writing her family to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment