Thursday, January 16, 2014

Email from January 15, 2014

Hello Family, 

Well this week was interesting. 

Remember you asked me a couple weeks ago if I ever get sick well this weekend I was really really sick. So sick on Sunday I had to go to the hospital. So on Friday around 7:00 pm we were in church doing a run through of the baptism questions with our dates before their interview the next day. And I just started having the hot and cold flashes. My stomach had not been feeling good after lunch. My companion after the lesson asked me if everything was okay and I said I think I have a fever. And she felt my head and told me I was really warm. So we headed home after the lesson. And I just went to bed. That whole night I was really sick. Then it continued all day on saturday and I had not been eating much because everything I ate made me sick. Everything I drank was doing the same. My stomach on Sunday was in knotting pain. Sunday was interesting because my companion had to go to church for a talk, so President Dibb and Sister Dibb worked everything out so that Sorella Dibb stayed and watched after me and then my companion got a ride to church. After Church the Dibbs took me to the hospital. Where at the hospital I got liquids pumped back into me and antibiotics, because I had caught a virus. It took five hours in the hospital. And now the doctors put me on the weirdest diet (but for only 3 days, tomorrow I can start adding more). It is called a white diet. But just so you know I am doing so much better than I was. Do not worry and I repeat do not worry.

On the good news there will be two baptisms on Saturday!! They tried on their baptism clothes on monday and they are just glowing. They are so excited because all the members want to go to their baptism. I am just so excited for them. Do not worry I will send you pictures.

Mom and Dad: When is the dedication of the Rome temple?

Alison:I heard that it is behind schedule. Here in Italy there are a lot of holidays and on Holidays no one works and they are a little behind. So I think it might be a little while.

Sorella Egbert comes from Salt lake City. She studied for five years Italian before her mission. She has brown hair, really goofy and hard working. She is the fourth child of six. And she served in Firenze, San Remo and now here.

Mom and Dad: Do the Italians really throw old furniture and stuff out of their window on New Year's Eve?

I know that in the past they used to throw things out of the windows. And I think it happened only one time that I saw it. But I am not sure if it happens so much up here. 

Tell Conner I am so proud of him and that I love him. Tell him her did great. Well I love you all and I will have a wonderful week. And I hope you do as well.

Love, 

Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment