Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Email from January 1, 2014

Hello Family, 


Thank you for the kind thought of the photos.(We sent a couple of pictures of the Sacred Grove that we visited this past summer)  I already have in mind the two people I will give them to.
Sacred Grove


So we actually have three baptism dates. Along with the Filipino lady, her cousin is getting baptized the same day (I will give them the photos). These are the sweetest and most pure of heart people I have ever seen. I love them. They came to church on Sunday and the member who went to one of the lessons with us started introducing them to the members and bringing members to meet them. It was awesome. The other day they kept on telling us about when we are baptized, when we are baptized. The one that is married to the Mormon and her kids are Mormon said she told her family and they we just so excited. That they started reading the scriptures together. This Sunday all of our baptism were in church. The other baptism is of a member's sister. She will be baptized the 8th of febbraio. Her sister brought her to church and told us we had to start teaching her. We have seen her every week for the past three weeks and this last week she has accepted a date. :) I am so excited for all them. It is just so awesome. In the last week our area has started to pick up and I cannot wait to see what it will continue to do. 

Christmas in Italia is celebrated on the 24th of dicembre. That is when they have the main dish and all their family over. They say that Santa comes during the 24th randomly to leave the gifts. So at mezzanotte they open their presents for Santa. 

We went on familysearch to find that out. (She teaching about family history and found out she was related to one of her companions, this was a while back)

Alrighty, yes when it is pouring buckets we are outside. Picture your daughter with her purple rain boots on and ombrello and that will just make you laugh. It rains quite a bit, but lately has been quite nice and sunny with the cold, but we still do it. It was worse last winter. So rain does not hinder the proselyting. 

If I have been sick I just have not said anything. It really is not important. (We asked her if she has ever been sick because she has never mentioned it)

Normally my companion and I speak to each other in Italian. In the house it is kind of mixture. But we speak Italian outside of the house always. It helps alot. The white hand book says to speak our mission language as much as possible and that is what we do. 

I do not know if I told you that here in Italian the 6th of January is called La Befana. There is a witch that brings presents. Like we say the 6th is Three Kings Day, here is la Befana. (In Puerto Rico we celebrate Three Kings Day on the 6th of January)

But yeah, my companion and I are having a wonderful time. I love you all and I hope that everything is great with you because tutto è posto con me. Vi voglio bene.


Just wanted to tell you one thing. All of 2013 I was a missionary and it was the best year. I love you all.

Ali 

Alison also told us that a young lady she helped re-activate earlier in her mission just received her mission call to the States. She is very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment